Thursday, September 4, 2008

I miss my iMac, but love my new Samsonite suitcase!

I made it to Washington DC, where I will be participating in the APA (American Psychiatry Association) components meeting and Minority Fellowship Training through Sunday. So far, I'm liking this city a lot. It helps that a) the trip is being paid for, 2) I'm not here on a 8th grade field trip (early 1990's), 3) I'm not here as part of "science camp" (1997) - though, that was definitely one of the highlights of my life, 4) I'm not here as a 3rd wheel celebrating July 4th (2003) with my brother and his now wife - (thank you for inviting me), 4) I got to catch up with my friend Danielle tonight over drinks and tapas in Georgetown, where there are a whole bunch of fun restaurants and bars, and lots of potential for shopping.

Anyhow, before bed, I thought I'd post something for the day. I'm now working on my Sony VAIO TZ laptop which is great for these business trips and meetings because it is ultraportable. But, working on a PC makes me realize that I miss my iMac! I recently coverted to Macs over the past year and love them for their simplicity to organize photos, music, do artsy fartsy stuff. In any case, I am very happy about my new suitcase, which was another great find during my "retail therapy" trip this past labor day. Check it out! It's awesome - it has so many compartments, rolls in every direction... it is the best carry on I've ever had! Samsonite Ascella 21 inch. Here is a photo of my efficient packing job with my first purchased suitcase (a milestone in my professional adult life)


"Living in a material world, And I am a material girl,You know that we are living in a material world, And I am a material girl... " :) I certainly am a very lucky girl who has some nifty gadgets and a pretty sweet life. But all of of these material goods wouldn't mean anything without my dear friends and family. Material things come and go, but friendships and love last forever. Time for bed.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey sis, sounds like you are having a great time. The luggage looks sweet. Have a great day.

irideout said...

I love your blog!

You seem to have been to D.C. a lot over the years. ;)

A lot of people have been making the switch to Macs lately... I concede that they make life easier for photos and music, but for word processing and spreadsheets, I can't say the same.

Turbogroove said...

That's a good point -it is easier to do somethings on a PC but I am having a hard time getting used to Microsoft Office 2007 - the word seems to have a default font/formating that i'm not sure how to change. I'm glad people are enjoying the blog! Hooray!

irideout said...

Ahh!! You're absolutely right - I have no idea what Office 2007 is all about, but it sucks. I don't use it often, but if I had to, it might actually cancel out any PC advantages.