Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

"Traditionally, Labor Day is celebrated by most Americans as the symbolic end of the summer." -wikipedia

End of the summer!? I sure hope not. I still have to a) eat my lobster rolls, b) lay out by the beach and drink pina coladas, and c) make smores by a campfire. I need at least 3 more weeks of summer to do all of these things! Fortunately, I have gotten my summer share of ice cream consumption in and gotten a tan so dark that my mother claims she can "no longer see me" (to which I reply and remind her, "turn on the light, mom"). My favorite ice cream flavor of the summer of 2008 is: Mint Oreo. What is yours?

No one has asked, but I'm going to offer my thoughts on the "No whites after labor day" rule. It's stupid. If you look good in white, wear it whenever you want. Fashion rules are silly. The only rule, in my opinion, that you should stick to is "wear what makes you happy". Every now and then you may be wrong, but isn't your happiness worth that risk? Also, brown looks good with black. 

Happy Grilling, since today is also an official BBQ day. I hope I get to turn mine on today but everyone I know is working or away today. Does anyone want to invite me to a BBQ? I will bring the ice cream....  (above is the burger, so full of goodness that the top bun won't fit)

2 comments:

sarahsouth said...

BOO on the silly post-labor day rules. i agree. my favorite ice cream flavor of the summer is dark side of the moon, from a local ice cream parlor, which was chocolate ice cream with swirls of brownie!

Turbogroove said...

Yum that sounds delicious! I forgot, I also really like Haagan Daaz caramelized pear walnut - it was the featured winner of 2006 or something. I saw the contest featured on one of my jetblue flights and when I got off the plane I went straight to the supermarket to get some. It is sublime.