Sunday, September 7, 2008

Back in Boston!


Hello, I'm back from my little hiatus. Following my last blog entry, there was a turn of events. Turns out, there was actually a fire in the hotel and we had to be evacuated to another Marriott Hotel later that afternoon.  Fortunately, there were no major injuries.  Friday was a rather exhausting, but fruitful day - I got some coffee with some friends, had a leisurely stroll to the White House, then onto Dupont Circle where we stopped at Hello Cupcake*. We managed to get back into the hotel to quickly change (in the dark, no water) for our meeting to discuss mental health care parity with Sen. Kerry's office (the staffer was very understanding of our frumpiness), and then did some shopping in Georgetown before we got the final word to change hotels.  Anyhow, long story short, this new hotel was a major downgrade from the JW Penn Ave and there was no wireless internet, thus no blogging.

The rest of DC was ab-fab. Jason flew in Friday night to join me, and Ben flew in for Stacey. Over the next two days, Stacey and I still had to attend some work meetings (the boys attended the best friends conference simultaneously occuring at the Marriott) but spent the rest of the time eating and merrily celebrating her birthday. Happy Birthday again to Stacey! Hooray!


But now I'm back home in Worcester.  Jason and I stopped at Wagamama's in Fanueil Hall on our way back, and had some tasty noodles. I had eaten there for the first time while we were visiting our friends Molly and Bob in London, and had been craving it ever since. There's nothing like a big bowl of noodles to welcome you home.....  
 



*Pretty good cupcakes, but I was disappointed there was no red velvet cupcakes.

No comments: