Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm back!!!

To those of you who read my blog (I'm aware of at least three of you -hooray! and thank you :).... I'm back from my holiday hiatus. In the last few days, I have done some drastic things such as woken up at 4:30am to participate in Wrentham Premium Outlets "Midnight Madness" Black friday sale, more or less finished my holiday shopping, completed 80% of my wedding planning and got painfully outbid on a Marc Jacobs handbag on the ebay in the last 47 seconds.  

If I had any tips to pass along in regards to Black Friday shopping, it would be: 
1) If there is a "midnight madness" event, shop between 4am-7am - the sales are optimal, the lines are short, the stores aren't hectic, or on Sunday late afternoon when it is rainy, dreary or icy out.
2) If you are an online shopper, most things go on sale Monday. or at least they did this year. Although it may be annoying to get "spam", it is usually worth it to sign up for a few stores you may want to purchase things from - they will usually send an extra savings coupon/ code to you that is not released to the public.
3) You will win some, you will lose some. But never give up on trying to get the best sale or savings for what you want.   


No comments: