Thursday, November 20, 2008

Miami baby!

Catching up with my MTA '97 roommate...

I am in Miami for a conference and I am loving it! This is my first time to Miami, and I had been looking forward to visiting Miami for many reasons. To mention a few: 1) to catch up with a few of my good friends Tina, Amy, and Carina 2) good cuban food, 2) sunshine and warm weather 3) palm trees 4) beaches 5) bright colored daring outfits (though I have a feeling I will chicken out). 6) clubs are reportedly fantastic if I can manage to stay up that late, and of course 7) the mini donuts.
Haha. So, the story behind the mini donuts is that I forgot to pack a snack or eat prior to, or on my flight from BOS --> MIA and once I landed, I had to rush to the hotel and attend the conference. From 8am to 5pm, all I had to eat was a complimentary bag of doritos, a granola bar and a latte! When I finally had a moment of downtime, I walked (sprinted) from my hotel to the Bayside Marketplace where I was captivated by the aroma of these delightful deepfried nuggets. I had to have them, and let me tell you- these miami mini donuts sure were heavenly.

Once my gnawing hunger was somewhat abated, the rest of my evening was great! Tina came to pick me up and we went to Coconut Groves. For dinner, we sampled several different spoonfuls of uniquely prepared ceviche at the Jaguar Ceviche Spoon Bar and Grill

Moral of the story: Bring or buy food for plane rides.
Lesson learned: Mini donuts are divine! (esp with cinnamon sugar)

No comments: