Thursday, November 6, 2008

Awesome Armsby Abbey

This must be my lucky eating week. 

I can not believe it, but Jason and I have stumbled upon yet another fabulous foodie find in our very own neighborhood!  Located in Downtown Worcester on Main St, is Armsby Abbey - a brewpub and New England, local products inspired, Farmhouse style menu featuring slow (= yummy comfort) food. 

I've already been there twice in 48 hours, and I was on call for 24 hour of those hours! :) So far, everything I have eaten has been fantastic! I tried the Coffeehouse porter on draught which was creamy, delicious in smooth. I've had the corn chowder which was the best I've ever tasted featuring (I stole their menu so I know the details) superfresh perfectly crisp sweet butter/sugar corn kernels (from Northboro, MA) in a creamy soup base with roasted red potatoes, and "Green mountain Maple Cured bacon" (Ludlow VT). It was so good, I had it boht Tuesday and this afternoon (Thursday).  I've also tried the mac and cheese (super good crunchy crust, blend of 5 cheeses), the BBQ pork sandwich and the Portobello Foccacia.

I can't wait to try the rest of the menu. For those of you lucky souls who live in the area, I recommend you check this place out! And if you want the corn chowder, you better hurry because they are about to rotate their menu to the next offerings. Bon Appetit!

No comments: