Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Tribute to Mac and Cheese

I am not a cold weather girl. If I could have it my way, it'd be sunny and warm every day of the year. Sure, foliage is pretty,  snow angels are fun...but having the wind whip your face is not. As much as I do not look forward to winter, there are some positive aspects of cold weather. One of my favorite reasons for living in cold New England...is comfort food. And of comfort food (short ribs, apple strudel, hot chocolate...) Mac and Cheese is King.

Tonight, I met up with my friend Jess to try out the new restaurant, Persephone. It's a neat concept of a boutique/restaurant/gallery.  The food was delicious. We ordered the mac and cheese, meatballs, crabcake and brussel sprouts. The brussel sprouts were quite divine too - B.S. seems to be the "IT" vegetable of Fall 08. 

Anyhow, after tonight's M&C, I felt inspired to create a top 5 Mac & Cheese list.
1. The Smith -  East Village, NYC.
2. Farmstead - Providence, RI
3. Persephone - Boston, MA
4. Armbsy Abbey - Worcester, MA
5. Chat N Chew - Union Square, NYC

Click on the name of each restaurant for more info. For those of you who can't make it to any of the above soon.... there's always Auntie Annie's microwaveable organic mac-n-cheese. :) 

No comments: