Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hidden Food Gem - Pacific Puffs

While in SF last weekend, I was determined to get a RVC from That Takes the Cake in the Marina District - since I had a pleasant experience with them in May. After we picked up the cupcakes, we drove down Union St. to the next yummy stop - La Boulange (which I will blog about another day). Something caught my eye....
I gasped with delight, and apparently the salesman/ owner of the store saw my expression through his store window and our car window and beckoned me to check it out! I told Jason to pull the car to the side, and ran into the little store where, I guessed correctly, gourmet cream puffs were sold! There were so many varieties, so I got two even though we were stuffed and already equipped with 3 cupcakes. I justified this to Jason - "You only live once!"
OMG. They were incredible. Jason - who is a big connoisseur of cream puffs declared these the best he's ever eaten! I had previously enjoyed the "Bearded Papa" chain of cream puffs, but these really blew the competition out of the water. They were amazing, the puff was light, and really showcased the delightful cool and melt in your mouth cream.

Pacific Puffs, 2201 Union St (Between Fillmore St & Steiner St), San Francisco, CA. 94123 (415) 440-7833. www.pacificpuffs.com

No comments: