Sunday, August 23, 2009

Wedding's Over and I'm Back with a RVC update!

I've taken a long long break from blogging, but now wedding and all the planning is over - I can start sharing again. The question is....where to start?  Since the last post, I've gotten married, honeymooned in Greece and Turkey, visited NYC and just spent a fabulous weekend celebrating J's birthday in Boston.

It only seems appropriate for me to start up again with a RVC post. 

This one is from Billy's Bakery in Chelsea, Manhattan. I have to say, as much as I love Billy's cupcakes - the vanilla vanilla is my favorite, the red velvet was a little disappointing. The frosting deserves an (A) - it was delicious, creamy, smooth, just the right sweetness but it was a buttercream, not cream cheese and I am a strong believer that RVC tastes best with cream cheese frosting. The RV cake part itself was a little lackluster (B-) - it tasted fresh, yet was somewhat dry and tasted more like a mild chocolate cake than the buttermilky and complex red velvet i was looking for. The Quest continues!!!!! 

No comments: