Sunday, August 30, 2009

Everybody know about Maine Lobster- but Maine Doughnuts?!

While celebrating my friend's bachelorette in Maine this past weekend, I discovered the most delicious donuts I've ever tasted.  I've always had a soft spot for donuts - and my favorites are Jelly-filled, Boston Creme and Krispy Kreme Glazed.  However, this local family run restaurant and bakery blew all the competition out of the water.  Each bite I took into their fresh, doughy doughnuts was heavenly.   If you're ever in Wells Maine - Congdon's is definitely worth a stop.  
I stopped to pick up a Maine lobster roll and some New England Clam chowder before heading back to Massachusetts.  Jason and I enjoyed the seafood for dinner. We ate it all before I could take a photograph - it was that good! :)  

For yummy Wells Maine Eats: 
Congdon Doughnuts - 1090 Post RdWellsME‎ - (207) 646-4219
Wells Beach Lobster Pound1090 Post RdWellsME‎ - (207) 646-4219

No comments: