Sunday, June 7, 2009

Southern Comfort: Uncle Tupelo

Photos don't do it justice. Last night, Jason and I had dinner with our dear friends Miguel and Liv at a hot new spot in town - Uncle Tupelo's in Inman Square. Wow was it delicious.  Southern food has been the latest food fad and I sure am grateful for this. I love my comfort food and now, I can say I love Uncle Tupelo. Yum! 
Fried Grits. Crisp on the outside, soft on the inside. A perfect combo of texture and flavor. I can close my eyes and still taste these delicious little appetizers. Probably my favorite part of the meal.
Fried oysters and green tomatoes. Delicious. I'd have to say, they're pretty good at the other Southern spot, Hungry Mother. But this place has a way cooler laid back vibe. 
Fried Catfish
Gumbo
Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler. 

Tupelo is at 1193 Cambridge St. in Inman Square. For more information and a full menu, visitwww.tupelo02139.com. Or call 617-868-0004.

1 comment:

sarahsouth said...

YOU'RE BACK!!! YAY!!!!

oh btw i got your card right after sending that email...glad UPS didn't drop the ball. here's hoping to many future potlucks!

xo
me