Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fiance of the Year Award

"I think he deserves the Oscars of Boyfriend Awards for that one!" - Jess S. 

Jason is a wonderful fiance. He is also a wonderful cook. Now, we can add wonderful surprise planner to that list!  For some time now, Jason has been working on a "surprise weekend" for me. I had been thinking that it would be a weekend in Boston or Providence, imagine my surprise when we boarded the plane for a weekend in Washington DC! He brought me to eat crabcakes at the Eastern Market, the we window shopped around Georgetown before eating a delicious dinner at Palena. Afterwards, he brought me to a Lykke Li (my favorite artist of the last year!) concert. 

Sunday Brunch at the Tabard Inn.... perhaps the best brunch I have ever eaten!

Dinner at Palena
Party dresses at Betsy Johnson - totally impractical but fun to try on!
Go Obama! 
Collard Greens, Hand cut fries and mmmm...crab cakes at Eastern Standard. 

Everything we ate was fantastic and fabulous! DC is an awesome city!

3 comments:

irideout said...

What a fantastic surprise!!!! Go, Jason!

Turbogroove said...

I know. Jason is amazing!

sarahsouth said...

awwwwww!