Sunday, January 25, 2009

Poutine and Montreal Meat Sandwich


It's been a while since i've posted. But, I couldn't help but share this ingenious dinner plan created by my Jason! He is really becoming a fabulous chef - lucky me! :)  This past week, he surprised me with a Montreal themed dinner - Meat Sandwich (Rye bread, Corned beef -sliced thickly, saurkraut, mustard  and Poutine- a delicious mess of fries (oven-baked from frozen section) topped with gravy (McCormick seasoning package), and cheese (mozzarella - though they use "curds" in Montreal).   It was simple and it was delicious - perfect for the cold snowy weather we've been getting! Try it sometime! 

2 comments:

irideout said...

I saw the photo and immediately thought, "I wonder what great restaurant Felicia went to this time!" I can't believe it was Jason's doing! The food looks and sounds dee-lish. Lucky you! :)

Turbogroove said...

Haha. I know! Jason is a fabulous cook! Though today was my turn to cook... I didn't take photos (gasp!) but I'll share the recipes which turned out well for Italian Wedding Soup and Quiche Lorraine