Sunday, August 31, 2008

"Sunday Morning Granola"

One of my favorite things about the weekend, is sleeping in and then making a yummy breakfast.  Today, I had some coffee, portuguese sweet bread toasted with nutella, and some greek yogurt with granola. This yogurt is packed with nutrition, and is a protein-charged way to start the day! 

Here is how you can create my "Sunday Morning Granola":
  • 1 small container 2% FAGE Plain Greek Yogurt (available at Trader Joe's, Whole foods) 
  • Fruit - I used 1 diced pluot, but you can use any combination of berries, mangoes, etc
  • Granola (my favorite is by the Bay Bread Co based in San Francisco)
  • Honey
What I like to do is first put a layer of fruit on the bottom of the dish (custard cups work well). Then, I add the yogurt. After the yogurt, I put another layer of fruit, and drizzle honey all over the top. Finally, I add the granola for a nice touch and crunch. If it is a beautiful day like it is today, then I encourage you to sit outside, enjoy the sunshine, and eat! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice felicia :) that looks yummy...

irideout said...

Al fresco dining always has a way of making a meal more enjoyable!