Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Perfect Donut

While in NYC, we also had to wait in line for ramen at Momofuku Noodle Bar (though Ippudo is still my favorite east village ramen spot!) ... so we went next door to wait. It happened to be a bakery (score!) and there I found, and ate, the "perfect donut".
It is perfect looking, and near perfect tasting. It was doughy and light, but the lost points was for its filling. In my opinion, there was not enough chocolate cream inside. For this reason, I think the donuts in Maine (see earlier post), still reign supreme.

Unfortunately, we can't remember the name of this coffee/pastryshop but if you are facing momofuku noodle bar, it is on the same block to the left. First Ave, NYC.

1 comment:

sarahsouth said...

i have been dreaming about those maine donuts since that post long ago. honestly, every donut i have (AND I LIVE IN KRISPY KREME CAPITAL) is anti-climatic now.